Water-Based Penetrant/Weather Barrier For Horizontal Masonry, Concrete, Brick and Stone
ENESEAL MP/HS is a single component, water-based, ultra-low viscosity weather barrier which dries to a completely invisible, water repellent masonry sealer. It provides extraordinary weather protection to virtually all types of concrete, masonry and mineral surfaces.
ENESEAL MP/HS forms a hydrophobic barrier inside masonry pores that repels water and water-borne salts. This significantly reduces the damaging effects of moisture penetration into concrete and masonry, such as surface scaling, freeze-thaw cracking and corrosion of reinforcing steel.
The invisible barrier forms below masonry surfaces to depths of up to 3/4 inch and, therefore, will not wear away as a result of surface traffic and/or harsh weather conditions. This barrier is also breathable – allowing water vapor to escape from inside the concrete or masonry while dramatically reducing liquid water penetration into the substrate.
- UV Resistant
- Environmentally Safe
- Clay Tile
- ...and More!
- Unit Size:
- 20 kg
- White liquid
- Applied Appearance:
- Vehicle Type:
- Water based siloxane / silane
- Shelf Life:
- 2 years
- Coverage Rate:
- Approx. 60 sq. ft. (5.6 sq. m.) / kg depending on porosity, texture, etc.
- Rain Resistance:
- 6 hours minimum (77°F / 25°C @ 50% relative humidity)
- Full Weather Resistance
- 7 days (77°F / 25°C @ 50% relative humidity)
- Water Absorption (ASTM C-642)
- Concrete brick - 1.6%
Red clay brick - 0.3%
- Depth of Penetration (OHD L-34)
- Concrete brick - 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch
Red clay brick - 1/3 inch to 3/4 inch
- Scaling Resistance (ASTM C-672)
- ENESEAL® MP/HS coated concrete - rating "0 - no scaling" at 50 cycles
Uncoated concrete - rating "5 - severe scaling" at 25 cycles
- Moisture Vapor Transmission
- VOC (ASTM D-2369)
- 30 gms / ltr
- Freeze Thaw Resistance of Liquid Product
- 50 cycles (0° F) - No effect
- Surface Appearance After Application
- UV Resistance